Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Disney World with a 5 year old

Disney with my 5 year old

This is a great time to take your child.  My daughter (now 16) remembers only some of the trip so if you really want them to remember it you might wait a little longer.  However, while at the park she enjoyed every moment.

We were able to fill all of our time with the rides we rode (with plenty of left overs for future trips).  We got up early everyday (beat the heat and the crowds).  We had character breakfast pretty much everyday which she loved, lots of autographs and photos.  She is an animal lover so we rode the Kilimanjaro Safari probably about 3 times (different days different times).  Every time I asked her what she wanted to do (no matter what park we were in) she would say Honey I shrunk the kids play ground.  I also think it is difficult for kids to grasp the multiple park idea so you may take some time ahead of time to repeat that often.

I personally prefer to start early (get to the park before it opens) and stay at the park until about 1 or 2.  Head back to the hotel take a break, maybe change clothes or swim then head back out to the park about 3-5.  We never stayed for fireworks at any park but we beat the crowds to the bus and she usually ended up falling asleep on the bus.  I would use caution talking about the fireworks too much so if your young child is not lasting the whole day you have not set expectations up already.

We spent some time at Blizzard beach but I caution you if you are by yourself it might be a little hard to manage.  We spend probably about an hour at the park and I am sure she would have been just as happy at the hotel pool.  Not sure how to put this but the water park addition to your ticket is about $60 dollars so if your trying to save you can leave it out but in the whole realm of the cost of a Disney trip you might just leave it in and enjoy a hour or two at the awesome themed water park.  I caution you plan on a long bus trip, if I have a car I will be driving to the water park if I got to the park again.  (I will discuss this a little more in another post.)

I have said it before but I took 100 photos (35 mm) and only 1 photo did not have a big smile on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment