Monday, September 10, 2012

Large Disney Planning Binder

I have decided that I need a large Disney Planning binder as well as a small one for the park.  This larger binder will have items for the drive to Florida and at the hotel but will not be taken into the park.  It will also serve as a gathering place for planning materials.  My husband is not into planning this trip like I am so I may have to sneak in some planning opportunities so I decided to be ready to make that happen "spontaneously."

How do I plan to make that happen?  Well, print all the menus off for the restaurants I want to go to and have them on hand to sit down and look through while watching a movie (maybe even one of our Disney movies).

Other things to have in the binder will be park maps and ride lists, hotel maps.   I am still trying to decide where the best place is to stay.  I am planning to stay at Pop Culture since we can walk through the Art of Animation and get to enjoy the great themeing without the risk of not getting the free dining if its offered again. I am planning on booking a trip for 8 nights but then also booking a single night room only it might be fun to book that single nice at Art of Animation and enjoy the hotel that way.  (That might just work out well need to price that out...)

Definitely need driving directions, a list of Cracker Barrel Restaurants (planning to utilizes their audio book rental). Since we are going around Christmas I will have a shopping list of possible ideas so that would be a good discussion section.

I also plan to have a pocket folder to collect scrapbook materials during our stay.  Still thinking about how many pockets I want maybe one for each park as it might make it easier to scrapbook it later.

I truly believe that 60% of the fun is in the planning as you get to do it for many more days than you will be at the parks.

Sections to Create:

  • Front Cover
  • ICE info (in case of Emergency)
    • Contact info of someone back home
    • Medical Info (Policy Numbers, allergies)
    • Credit Card Info (1-800 number account numbers)
  • Driving 
    • Directions to each stop
    • Cracker Barrel list
    • K-Love station listing
    • Driving Games
  • Hotels
    • Confirmation Numbers
    • Maps
  • Dining
    • Confirmation Numbers
    • Menus
  • Schedule
    • Day by Day schedule
    • Park crowd listing
    • Touring plans
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Map
    • Ride List
    • Touring Plan
  • Epcot
    • Map
    • Ride List
    • Touring Plan
  • Animal Kingdom
    • Map
    • Ride List
    • Touring Plan
  • Hollywood Studios
    • Map
    • Ride List
    • Touring Plan
  • Blizzard Beach
    • Map
    • Ride List 
  • Typhoon Lagoon
    • Map
    • Ride List
  • Downtown Disney
    • Map
    • Copy of Gift List
  • Mousekeeping
    • Pre-filled envelopes
  • Gift List
    • Names
    • Gift Ideas
    • Locations to purchase
  • Misc
    • Anything I don't have a place for
  • Back Cover
  • Spin Insert


No comments:

Post a Comment