Monday, October 15, 2012

Disney Themed Tissue Holder

I finally got to make one of the crafts I found on pinterest a tissue holder.

I found some really cute Eeyore and Pooh material at Wal-mart so I picked up a yard without of it without any plans about a month ago.  I also got a yard of green silky material that matched as I figured I would need  something to coordinate with it.

It was  a pretty simple project and I am glad I started with it so I did not get discouraged.


So it was pretty easy, this fits the larger tissue packets (I also felt it would work with tissues you grab out of the box):

  1. Gather your supplies
  2. Next cut 2 7x10 inch pieces (one from each fabric you plan to use, I used the green for the lining and the Eeyore for the visible side)
  3. Pin them together wrong side of the material touching
  4. Sew up the short sides
  5. Flip it right side of the fabric out (might be a good time to iron the seems)
  6. Trim any excess material, especially on the long sides
  7. This step is optional - I used a fancy stitch on my machine and ran along the edges (they will be visible at the opening)
  8. Then fold it and pin it so the opening will be centered (with the inside material facing out)
  9. Sew the (new) short side together
  10. Flip it right side out and your done

No comments:

Post a Comment